Sunday, March 17, 2013
Whether you're at Universal or Disney, there are a few places to celebrate the luck o' the Irish this month!
Raglan Road is planning the biggest party this side of Ireland with two 3-day weekend celebrations! Their festivities begin March 8-10 and March 14-17.
Access to select entertainment on March 16 will include a $5 cover charge; on March 17, the cover is $10.
"This is the real deal – a true Irish pub with Dublin roots, 10 top Irish bands, Irish dancers on multiple stages and a satisfying selection of Irish and craft beers, Irish whiskey, cocktails and inventive food. Be authentic and order classics such as Shepherd’s Pie (with Chef Kevin Dundon’s twist), Irish Mist-glazed loin of bacon or Guinness and onion bangers on mash. And we’re happy with the fish and chips from Cooke’s of Dublin counter-service."
The fun starts from 6-11 p.m. March 8-10 with performances at Raglan Road by The Willis Clan, a family of artists and musicians who merge their Irish roots with other music genres. Nova Celtic, with its own twist on popular Irish music, will appear on a nearby outdoor stage.
Beginning March 14 and 15 from 6 p.m. until 1 a.m., and continuing March 16 and 17 from noon until 1 a.m., highlights of the celebration across Pleasure Island include:
- Renowned Irish dancer and choreographer Ronan McCormack of the original Riverdance cast, leading Irish Dance Workshops Friday through Sunday
- The Raglan Road Dancers, seven full-time champion dancers, performing daily
- Distinguished Dublin-born multi-instrumentalist Declan Masterson, recent touring musical director of Riverdance, leading Irish Music Workshops
- Ceili (kay-lee) traditional music and structured set-dancing event on Saturday, inviting guest participation
- “The Electric Ceili,” Sunday evening, bringing together a host of Irish musicians and dancers
- Performances by The Willis Clan, Nova Celtic, Girsa, Celtic Wave, Wyndbreakers, Three Dollar Band, Raglan Road house band Creel, Johnny & Justin, and Albannach, with a new approach to percussion and Celtic music
- World-famous U2 tribute band Elevation, playing Saturday and Sunday
- More than 50 musicians and dancers performing, plus face painting, stilt walkers and giveaways
Visit RaglanRoad.com for more information.
Join us at our tent location and be sure to try our meatball sliders and local organic beer from Orlando Brewing. You can also join in the festivities with a festive concoction featuring Jameson Irish Whiskey, ginger ale and freshly squeezed lime juice.
Fulton's Crab House
Mint Chocolate mudslide – We are blending Bailey’s Irish Cream, Kahlua, Crème de Menthe, Chocolate Syrup and Milk topped with Whipped Cream and Green Crème de Menth to make this perfect St. Patty’s Day inspired cocktail. $5 per person. Available only St. Patrick’s Day.
Rose & Crown Pub
They may not be having any official parties here, but you can still stop by for a pint of Guinness to celebrate the holiday. Heck, they just might make your beer green! If you need some official Guinness attire while walking around the parks, check out the gift shop across from the pub for t-shirts, coasters, bar mats & more!
La Cava del Tequila
Celebrate with Classic Margaritas served with melon liquor only $10 to twitter followers! Tell your server/bartender before ordering.
Double Your Luck - Two Days of St. Patty's Parties! Live Music, Food & Drink Specials, Stilt Walkers, Bead Girls and more!
- Saturday, March 16, 2013
- 2pm-close • Happy Hour 2pm-6pm • No cover before 8pm • $10 & 21+ after 8pm
- Sunday, March 17, 2013
- 12pm-close • Happy Hour 12pm-6pm • No cover before 6pm • $10 & 21+ after 6pm
Finnegan's Bar & Grill
While I've been told that they are not doing any specials for St. Patty's (they are really missing out here), still stop by this boisterous pub for a beer and some delicious, authentic Irish fare.
Need a "Kiss me I'm Irish" shirt for the day? Wander just down the street a bit and visit Irish Imports, for all your Irish attire needs. Everything from t-shirts to jewelry to shot glasses can be found here.
"All weekend long March 16-17, guests can indulge in classic Irish fare such as corned beef & cabbage. And if you want to make your friends "green with envy", try one of Busch Gardens' Irish Beer selections, and even sample some green beer to mark the occasion. All this and more will be available at the Desert Grill and Crown Colony House Restaurant."
Feel like venturing off-property?
A stop at Fiddler's Green in Winter Park is worth the trip. Seriously, some of the best food ever.