These drink recipes are from the main Pool Bar Drink Menu that is available at each pool bar. Some resorts have specialty drinks exclusive to their resort, those will be listed under each resort.
Who likes Pina Coladas? How about Pina CoLAVAs?! A bunch of you must because we're getting requests for the recipe. Because the actual drink uses a slushie machine and a drink mix this won't be 100% dead on . . . it'll be better.
- 2 parts pineapple juice, 1 part Coco Lopez, 1 part Bacardi Razz raspberry rum. Blend with ice. While blending, prepare a glass by pouring a small amount (approx. 1 oz) of Monin raspberry puree into it being sure to hit the sides of the glass as you pour. Pour in your blended Pina CoLAVA and enjoy! (Monin raspberry puree is unfortunately tough to find at most liquor stores. A reasonable substitution that's easy to find is strawberry daiquiri mix or strawberry margarita mix.)
Smooth, creamy and ultra orange-ie; this frozen deliciousness will surely impress everyone. But, don't bother trying it without the correct ingredients. Unfortunately, the smoothie mix is tough to find too.
- Blend 1 part Southern Comfort and 3 parts Minute Maid Orange Smoothie Mix with ice. Drizzle the Passion Fruit Syrup up and down the inside of the empty glass that you're going to serve your drink in while you're blending. Once the blending is complete, pour into your prepared glass and serve. The Minute Maid smoothie mix is sold by Coca-cola as a product for restaraunts and is hard to find in stores. A good substitution is the Concord Orange Smoothie Mix which is easy to find in most grocery stores. If using this mix, substitute 1 part Tangerine Vodka and 3 parts orange juice for the liquid in the mix's recipe.
A delicious, sweet, orange smoothie with smooth tangerine flavored vodka. This one goes down easy.
- 1 part Finlandia Tangerine vodka, 3 parts Minute Maid Orange Smoothie Mix. Blend with ice. The Minute Maid smoothie mix is sold by Coca-cola as a product for restaraunts and is hard to find in stores. A good substitution is the Concord Orange Smoothie Mix which is easy to find in most grocery stores. If using this mix, substitute 1 part Tangerine Vodka and 3 parts orange juice for the liquid in the mix's recipe.
This smooth and creamy twist on a margarita is sweeter and less tart than the original.
- 1 part Patron Silver Tequila, 3 parts Minute Maid Mango Smoothie Mix. Blend with ice. The Minute Maid smoothie mix is sold by Coca-cola as a product for restaraunts and is hard to find in stores. A good substitution is the Concord Mango Smoothie Mix which can be found in most grocery stores. If using this mix, substitute 1 part Patron Silver Tequila and 3 parts orange juice for the liquid in the mix's recipe.
This cocktail combines pineapple with smooth coconut rum and VeeV, an acai (ah-SIGH-ee) berry grain based liquor. VeeV is essentially an acai berry, 60 proof vodka. You'll notice a unique, tart flavor that's similar to a combination of blueberry and cherry.
- 1 part Coruba Coconut rum, 1 part VeeV, 5 parts pineapple juice. Pour ingredients over ice and drizzle grenadine to finish.
Captain's Mai Tai
The original mai tai was created by Trader Vic and was purportedly named when he served his new rum creation to one of his Tahitian friends who, upon tasting it, exclaimed "Maita'i roa ae!" The Tahitian phrase literally translates to "Very good. The best!" but is more accurately translated as "Out of this World!" I guess that makes this one a very good captain. But, even if you think he's the worst captain of all time, you HAVE heard of him, haven't you?
- 2 parts Captain Morgan Original Spiced rum, 1 part Amaretto, 6 parts mai tai mix. Pour ingredients over ice and finish with a drizzle (called a floater) of Myers' Dark Rum.
Dragon Berry Splash
This drink highlights Bacardi's Dragon Berry rum. This rum has a unique flavor combination of strawberry with a pronounced floral accent from the dragon berry.
- 1 part Bacardi Dragon Berry rum, 2 parts sweet & sour, 1 part cranberry juice. Pour ingredients over ice leaving a little room for grenadine and soda. Add a splash of soda water (or sprite) and finish with a drizzle of grenadine.
While there's not a bit of actual lime in this limeade, you will find Midori, which is a bright green Mexican liqueur with a pronounced sweet honeydew melon flavor. Its addition to nearly any tropical drink makes it tasty, sweet, and frankly, a little special. Note to the bartenders, don't go cheap on this and try to substitute an alternative to Midori. It won't be the same.
- 1 part Skyy Infusions Pineapple vodka, 1 part Midori Melon liqueur, 4 parts Minute Maid Simply Lemonade. Pour ingredients over ice and serve.
This drink seems to work equally well whether or not you're actually under a cabana while you drink it.
- 2 parts Cruzan Mango rum, 2 parts Cruzan Guava rum, 1 part Creme de banana liqueur, 3 parts orange juice, 3 parts pineapple juice. Shake or stir, serve over ice and THEN add a drizzle of grenadine.
This works great in a pitcher or a punch bowl - just do the grenadine after you pour the drink into a glass.
Margaritas made with the good stuff always taste fresh and citrusy. May we suggest going with a little higher end "good stuff" with an upgrade to Herradura anejo to make it even better.
- 2 parts Jose Cuervo Gold tequila, 1 part Grand Marnier, 4 parts Mr. & Mrs. T's sweet & sour. Pour ingredients over ice and finish with a good drizzle of Rose's Lime Juice.
Ultimate Long Island Iced Tea
Lots of people joke that ordering a Long Island Iced Tea is as much a cry for help as it is a drink order. No judgement from us though. In fact, we'll be the ones telling you it looks delicious and asking where you got it. This "Ultimate" version uses a tea flavored vodka and delicious Hendrick's cucumber flavored gin. If you can't find Teaka, Firefly or Jeremiah Weed are good alternatives.
- 1 part Bacardi Superior rum, 1 part Teaka Sweet Tea vodka, 1 part Hendrick's gin, 1 part Cointreau, 1 part Mr. & Mrs. T's sweet & sour, 1 part Coke. Pour ingredients over ice and serve.
Bright pink, fizzy, and tart!
- 1 part Bacardi O rum, 1 part Bacardi Razz rum, 3 parts Mr. & Mrs. T's sweet & sour, 1 part Sprite. Pour ingredients over ice and drizzle a good amount of grenadine over the top to make it bright pink just like it is by the pool at (insert favorite Disney Pool Bar here).
Blackberry Peach Lemonade
Smooth, sweet, ice cold and refreshing on a hot day.
- 1 part Firefly Peach Tea vodka, 2 parts Minute Maid lemonade, 1 part soda water. Pour ingredients over ice and add a good drizzle of Monin Blackberry syrup. As with the other Monin products that Disney uses, the blackberry syrup will be tough to find. The easiest substitution to find is blackberry schnapps. Of course, a drizzle of schnapps will add a small amount of alcohol to the drink that isn't in the original.
Mojitos are really the it drink of the last few years in large part, thanks to the bartender flare that goes in to making them. Disney's used mango rum and pineapple juice for their sweet tropical variation.
- Place 5 to 6 fresh mint leaves in the bottom of the glass, add a good drizzle of agave nectar and gently muddle for a few seconds. You're not looking for a pulp, just to gently bruise the mint to let out some of the essential oils contained within. If you don't have a muddling stick, crush the leaves tightly in your hand and tear each leaf into about 4 pieces for a similar effect. Add ice and then pour in; 1 part Cruzan Mango rum, 2 parts pineapple juice, 1 part soda water (don't substitute sprite for this one or it'll be too sweet.) This drink works well in a small pitcher.