Lots of new stuff to see coming to this year's festival. We're most excited to see what the Festival-themed Food & Beverage locations will be offering. Looks like we're getting "Flower & Wine" or, if you prefer, "Wine & Garden" this year!
Breaking News from the Orlando Sentinel:
"Dole Whip with Spiced Rum? That jumps out on the list of food and drink that will be among the first offered at Garden Marketplaces at the Epcot International Flower & Garden Festival, which runs from March 6 to May 19.
World Showcase will be dotted with about a dozen eateries, such as Smokehouse Barbecue and Brew at American Adventure, Primavera Kitchen in the Italy pavilion, Hanami at Japan and Florida Fresh at the World Showcase Promenade.
Announced menu items include shrimp with grits; Zellwood corn; angel food cake with macerated Florida berries; watermelon salad with pickled red onions, baby arugula, feta cheese and balsamic reduction; and sweet "frushi" made with fresh fruits and coconut rice."
More information at TheDailyDisney at the Orlando Sentinel.
NEW! Flower & Garden Food and Drink Menu Highlights
Some menu items and photos have been released for the new food booths included in this year's Flower & Garden Festival. We've got some tasty, fresh bites to enjoy this spring, along with some unique cocktails and wine inspired by the garden. We can't wait to give these a try. To see the full menu, click here.
More details from Disney:
- Garden Marketplace culinary creations ranging from smokehouse barbecue and shrimp with grits and Zellwood corn to sweet “frushi” made with fresh fruits and coconut rice. Chefs are perfecting menus for marketplaces that will include Florida Fresh at World Showcase Promenade, Smokehouse Barbecue and Brew at American Adventure courtyard, Primavera Kitchen at Italy showcase, Hanami at Japan showcase and eight others. Around the World Showcase promenade
- Garden Marketplace refreshing libations with a kick like Hot Sun Tomato Wine from Florida Orange Groves Winery and Dole Whip with Spiced Rum, as well as non-alcoholic drinks like Frozen Desert Violet Lemonade and Wild Berry Slush. Beverage specialists will feature brews and beverages at food marketplaces and at Fruits by the Glass andPineapple Promenade. Around the World Showcase promenade
It's the festival's first year to feature garden- and backyard-living-inspired food and beverage items at a dozen marketplace locations around the World Showcase promenade. (l-r) Watermelon Passion Fruit Cocktail, Orange Blossom Pilsner (both Florida Fresh marketplace) and Blueberry Blue wine (Fruits by the Glass marketplace).
Florida watermelon and sugar cane make a statement as ingredients in the Watermelon Passion Fruit Cocktail served with Cane Vodka from Florida Distillery featured at the Florida Fresh garden marketplace.
Florida Shrimp, Tomato Wine
The new Florida Fresh garden marketplace features Shrimp and Stone Ground Grits with Andouille Sausage, fresh Zellwood Corn, Tomatoes and Cilantro. Hot Sun Tomato Wine by Florida Orange Groves Winery adds a perfect kick to pair with the dish.
Fresh Tomatoes from Farm to Table
Fresh Waterkist Farms Heirloom Tomatoes are paired with house-made Mozzarella, Minus 8 Vinegar and fresh Basil to create a mouth-watering dish at The Cottage: Savories, Trifles and Tea garden marketplace by the United Kingdom Pavilion.
Watermelon Salad Surprise
The new Florida Fresh garden marketplace melds fresh flavors to offer Watermelon Salad with pickled Red Onions, Baby Arugula, Feta Cheese and Balsamic Reduction.
(Descriptions & photos ©Disney)
2013 Flower & Garden Event Details
- Guests will discover culinary creations and refreshing libations at multiple festival-themed food and beverage locations. Chefs are tweaking the menu to include backyard barbecue and a variety of garden-inspired and global tastes.
- A new circus-like “Land of Oz Play Area,” based on the Disney fantastical film adventure “Oz: The Great and Powerful” to be released in March 2013, will debut a kaleidoscope of interactive fun.
- Disney topiary experts will grow, shape and manicure a Fab Five Disney character topiary with Mickey Mouse, Minnie Mouse, Goofy, Pluto and Donald Duck (with Daisy Duck in a cameo) featured in a celebratory floral cookout scene in living topiary color at the park’s front entrance.
- New illuminated gardens in the park’s Future World and World Showcase will cast a colorful glow over each festival evening.
"Throughout the 75-day garden party, guests will discover festival surprises around every corner including new topiary triumphs, colorful garden displays, a butterfly bounty, HGTV celebrity designers, interactive gardening seminars and whimsical children’s play areas. On weekends, top Flower Power rockers of the 1960s and ’70s will perform.
Every Friday through Sunday, HGTV design celebrities will host Festival Center seminars. During opening weekend, March 8-10, Chris Lambton of “Going Yard” will appear; other designers scheduled to take the stage include Brandon Johnson of “My Yard Goes Disney” and Meg Caswell of “Meg’s Great Rooms.” "
Get more details about special guest appearances and more by visiting the official Disney website.