Halloween Horror Nights Drink Menu
Ante Up - $10 souvenir cup | $7 souvenir refill
A mix of rum, fruit punch and Full Throttle energy drink
Mixed Drinks - $10 souvenir cup | $7 souvenir refills | $7 non-souvenir
Availalbe Liquor: Myers's Rum, Jose Cuervo Tequila, Russian Standard Vodka, Early Times Bourbon, Canadian Mist Whiskey, Long Island Iced Tea (pre-mix)
Souvenir Shot - $7.50 | $6 souvenir refill
Draft Beer - $9 souvenir cup | $6 souvenir refill | $6 20oz. Draft
Available at select carts throughout the park and in queues, selection varies by cart: Smirnoff Ice, Coors Light, Miller Lite, Heineken, Corona, Corona Light, Yuengling, Fosters and Red Stripe
Bottle of pre-mixed Jose Cuervo Margarita - $7
Available at most carts throughout the queues and select drink stands.
Blood Bag Jello Shots - $6...but, just don't. Unless you really feel like jello.
Review: Ante Up is another bright pink fruit punch/Full Throttle rum drink. Bartenders are tight lipped this year about what goes in it saying only "rum, fruit punch and Full Throttle". But it seems to have a hint of vanilla that's new. Are they using a vanilla rum? Maybe. But, if they are, they sure aren't using much of it. As has become expected with HHN's signature drink, this is not your best bang for the buck. Expect sweet and a little tart with plenty of caffeine and you'll be happy.
Ante Up Signature Cocktail pictured below in the 2011 HHN 21 souvenir glass (front & back).
Bottoms Up Beer Dispenser
Order a non-souvenir Budweiser or Bud Light at select stands and check out the awesome Bottoms Up beer dispenser from GrinOn Industries. The bartender plops a cup onto the GrinOn spout and it automatically, quickly and foamlessly fills it to the brim. But, be careful, that special cup is holding your beer with the power of magnets. Poke out the magnet at the bottom and your beer will empty even faster than it filled!
Need some good grub during the night? Stop by the Korean BBQ tent by Twister for some surprisingly excellent beef and pork tacos. Ask nicely and maybe they'll even give you one of each in your order!
Korean BBQ Beef or Pork Tacos (2 each) - $7
Garlic Chili Chicken Wings - $8
Beer Special - add a Bud Light to the Tacos or Wings for an additional $3
(Pictured below: beef tacos, garlic chicken wings, pork tacos)
HHN Bar & Food Locations
At HHN, you will find several extra bars and food booths set up just for the event. Here is a breakdown of where you can find them. There is also usually a small, cash-only beer cart in the house lines with assorted beer, bottled margaritas and sometimes wine. Also, Finnegan's Bar & Grill, Carmen's Veranda (near Mel's Dine-In), Bone Chillin' (at Monster's Cafe) and Chez Alcatraz should all be open.
Front Entrance - across from the Bakery on Hollywood Blvd.
Area by Toon Gift Shop/Animal Actors/ET
By Men In Black.
By Jaws/Saws n' Steam House.
In San Francisco, near Disaster.
Lagoon Side, just past Richter's Burgers.
Update 9-24: We were wrong about Finnegan's. Those extra taps were gone Saturday night.
New York, Central Park area side street by Monster's Cafe.
Across from Twister.
In front of Monster's Cafe.
Drink Info & Tips
1. Drinks are not allowed in the houses (alcoholic or NA). You will have to finish it before you get in. (with the long lines, not a problem!)
2. Universal's drink policy is one drink per person. ID is mandatory, even with the "I'm over 21 bracelet" they will still ask for ID everytime. They are very strict about this. No ordering one for your friend and bringing it back to them.
3. Souvenir Glasses - Just a blinking cup or a way to save a buck?
As prices have increased this cup has become a better deal. $10 for your first drink and $7 for refills and all of your drinks will be doubles for the price of a single for the rest of the night is how the cups are sold. Singles run $7 each so your break-even happens on your second souvenir drink at 4 drinks for $17 vs. your 3rd single for $21. The only bad news is that their "doubles" are poured with less alcohol than most bartenders would pour in a single. That being said, it's the same bartender calling half of their double a single, right? Further, if you're buying beer, all the souvenir cup will get you is a souvenir cup to bring home for an extra three bucks. Beer's served in the same 20oz. size whether you go for the souvenir or for a regular beer for $7.
4. Shots A variety of shots are available throughtout the event - either at the bars or from the bar girls who wander through the queues with trays of assorted alcoholic goodies. I know the jello shots are very popular but aside from the fun novelty of eating out of a blood bag, you're paying $6 for cherry jello. Skip it, even the employees joke about how little alcohol is in them.
5. Do not let anyone under the age of 21 hold your alcoholic drink for you - even for a second - like while you tie your shoe. You will get taken away by security and tresspassed - meaning you are banned from Universal property for one year, and/or other possible charges. Universal is extremely strict about underage consumption. No exceptions. Your word of warning here.
Halloween Horror Nights Drink Menu